Explain Everything for iPads
Explain Everything is an app that allows you to annotate, animate, and narrate a presentation. The app allows you to either record over pre-made slides or create and edit slides as you record your video. You can include text, video, pictures, documents, and web pages into your presentation.
When you are working on a project, the left side of the screen will display your tools for creating your slides and annotating your pictures. See below for a brief description of each tool. For each tool, tap and hold to see all of its options.
- Move, Resize, & Rotate Objects—This is your default tool and allows you to move objects around the screen. You can rotate & resize objects by using the iPad gestures (pinch in & out to resize, rotate with two fingers).
- Add a new slide– Use this button to add a new blank slide after the current one.
- Shapes—With this tool, you can add a variety a of shapes to your project, including arrows, rectangles, and stars.
- Text—Use this tool to add a text box. Use the blue arrows on the bottom of the text box to resize it, and use the green check mark to verify when you are done adjusting.
- Import—Use this button to import photos, videos, and files to your project. You can include pdfs, word docs, and Power Points, among other things. Explain everything allows you to import from a variety of sources & accounts, including the camera roll, Dropbox, Google Drive, and WebDAV. Additionally, you can use this tool to take a photo or video from within the app itself.
- Delete—Use this button to delete objects from your project. Simply tap on the button, select the object you want to delete, and tap the small red “x”.
- Presenter Tools—This tool allows you to use laser pointers, arrows, and other symbols to draw attention to various parts of the screen as you record your presentation.
- Object Information—This tool allows you to edit existing objects by moving them behind or in front of other objects. Additionally, you have the option to “lock” an object so it doesn’t move while you are editing other elements of your project, or to set the object as the background of your slide.
- Adjust Screen—This tool allows you to resize, rotate, and move around the entire screen (rather than individual objects)
- Minimize Toolbar—This button will hide the toolbar, leaving only a few essential presenting tools. You may want to use this to view your slides while recording.
- Colors– By tapping and holding on the color boxes, you can choose which colors to use for your objects.
- Arrange Slides—The slide navigator on the bottom of the screen allows you to rearrange the order of your slides. If you tap and hold on a slide, you can also delete or duplicate slides in your project.